Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Hela People Project: Andrea Rodgers (aka Miss A)

On Wednesday we hosted an event here at Hela Spa and Ted Gibson in Georgetown that Miss A organized together with the organization 'Innosence at Risk'.

We took the took the opportunity to talk to Miss A herself (>>check out her blog here!)




Miss A, what have you been up to lately?


Well, last night I hosted "Girls Night Out at Hela Spa" with DC Girls in the Know's Chris Jacobs. I got Botox and Juvederm Ultra Plus. I can already see the great results I got from the Juvederm filler injections that Melanie Erb performed, and the Botox is starting to take some effect. I'm very happy and excited about this. Several other women got procedures last night, and booked appointments. After learning more, the women who attended felt much more comfortable with the treatment options that are available to women now.

You are a Washingtonian constantly on the run and involved in new exciting projects. Tell us a little bit about what you are up to in the near future.

Well, I do a lot of charity work. I founded The Courage Cup in 2006, which is an IRS designated 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation which was established to help at-risk urban youth. We support programs in the mid-Atlantic region which give disadvantaged children individualized attention and a positive alternative activity to keep them in school and off the streets. We support the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, and Work to Ride, which is a after school program centered around equestrian sports. They are the very first all African-American Polo Team. On June 18th, The Courage Cup's Leadership Committee is hosting "Summer Swing Under the Stars" on the roof and in the Penthouses of AKA White House, which is a couple doors down from the Metropolitan Club at H & 17th Streets. We will have DC Swing!, an 18-piece Swing band, heavy hors d'ouevres, cocktails, and a great Silent Auction, including some great items from Hela Spa and Alchime Forever. For details on this event, you can go to http://www.couragecup.org/events.php

I'm also on the Board of Innocents at Risk, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established to fight human trafficking and sexual exploitation of young girls, boys, and women. We are hosting a screening of the movie, "Taken" at the Letelier Theater, above Cafe Milano on June 29th. We will have a reception with wine and heavy hors d'ouevres in the courtyard before the movie, and then have Q&A with ICE agents, and others fighting Human Trafficking after the show. For more details, visit http://www.innocentsatrisk.org

As a public figure who is constantly out and about, what is your secret to looking so radiant?

Besides the new Botox, and Juvederm procedures, I try to take really good care of my skin, and watch what I eat. I have been wearing sunscreen with a very high SPF every single day since I turned 29. I wear it daily despite the season or weather conditions. It's not just the sun we get by the pool or beach that can age us -- it's the compiled effect of daily exposure to the sun. I just wish I was better about putting it on my hands every time I drive.


As a consumer of beauty treatments, what would be your ideal spa treatment?

The thing I love about Hela Spa, which sets you apart from other spas I've gone to is that Hela is all about the results. Your facials aren't just a relaxing treat -- they actually improve the skin. I don't think I could choose just one ideal treatment, as it's really about the overall individualized plan that Hela creates after doing a VISIA analysis. All the various treatments work together to create healthier, more radiant, younger looking skin.


Lastly, after a week full of social events, what do you do to recuperate and find tranquility?

Honey, I wish I had time to recuperate. Being a blogger means blogging daily, if not twice a day. Like many people in Washington, I'm a Type A, overachieving, perfectionistic workaholic. I am constantly working on PR events for my clients, writing press releases, pitching the media, or planning a fundraiser for one of the charities I support. There is always something to be done! I drink lots of Diet Pepsi and many pots of coffee to keep me going. I should drink more water for my skin!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see the full transformation! The face looks so natural with the way that Melanie handles the injections! I was just talking to a couple of Hela clients today-- they had nothing but fantastic things to say about Hela's results!

    ReplyDelete